Thursday, February 21, 2008

Pedometer

Okay I have a pedometer that I've been wearing for the last month. My goal each day is to get 10,000 steps, some what of a challenge for me. When I started wearing this pedometer I set a goal to be down by 10 lbs by the last day in February (this year mind you) and I just weighed myself two days ago (at my mom's since I don't have a scale here) and I still have 4 lbs to go. Not too bad I guess I still have a good week and a half to go. The problem, I've lost motivation, for some reason I really do not want to get my steps in. Plus all I am craving is brownies, chocolate and lets face it anything sweet. I have been able to resist some what but the temptation is hard. So any one got some good advice or just some good encouragement to help me meet my goal? I'm also curious if anyone else has done or is doing the pedometer thing? It really has helped me to get more physical activity since I can't put my kids in a stroller and go on a walk. Let me add that it was surprising to see how few steps I did get in the first day that I wore it. Also right now I have 9,497 steps just 503 to go and I can go to bed!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Good for you Mindy! The pedometer thing is such a good idea!

Tara and Dan said...

Wow! That's a lot of steps! I'll bet I only get about a hundred steps in :). You go girl!